Meditation & Mantra at OHM
There are many different ways to approach meditation, so every class at OHM is a gateway into meditation. We incorporate a bit of mantra into every class we have, as it is hard to progress in your meditation without mantra. We also have mantra classes that helps ALL beginners…it’s really hard for most people to go deeper in their meditation without this practice! We invite you to explore…
“Without meditation, where is peace? Without peace, where is happiness? Meditation is the most essential food for the soul.” — Swami Sivananda
Our Meditation classes are offered Virtually and In-House!
I. VIRTUAL CLASSES
OHM M-F Meditation
This is our signature class, and it meets M-F from 11:30-12:15 on Zoom. Each week the lecture will cover a spiritual topic that helps participants go deeper in their meditation and understanding of the human experience. Starting on Mondays and going deeper with each successive day of the week, this class will give you the spiritual training you need to develop a profound meditation practice.
Depending on the weekly topic covered, you will experience a combination of wisdom training and varying amounts of energy exercises, breathwork, and chanting. Meditation is roughly 20 minutes.
Taught by Suzanne M. Hill, Founder of OHM. $20 per class or 3 for $45 (for three months).
Goal: Build & broaden your foundational knowledge of the meditative state with the goal of one day teaching paths for healing and meditation to others.
Ohm @ 9 pm – Zoom Mantra Chanting Class & Meditation
This class will teach you how to easily use mantras to enter a meditative state. Tibetan and Sanskrit mantras will be taught. Appropriate for all levels of meditation experience. This 30-minute class incorporates about 5 minutes of meditation. Taught by Suzanne M. Hill, Gregory Hill, or Ethan Scibelli. $20/$15/$10 per class, price based on your preferred donation.
Why Mantra Chanting? For those new to this practice, the chanting of Tibetan and Sanskrit mantras is a powerful tool for improving focus and creating positivity in your mind without you even trying! Mantras lift your spirits and elevate your energy, an ideal way to end one day and transition to the next.
Here are the weekly class details: (All classes are from 9-9:30pm)
1. Mantra for Protection: Mondays beginning January 23rd. Join us to begin your week by chanting a mantra geared towards creating a sturdy aura of protection for yourself and your loved ones. Taught by Suzanne.
2. Mantras for Wisdom & Compassion: Tuesdays beginning January 24th. This class will have you chanting 2 mantras, one geared towards enhancing your inner wisdom and the other for softening into greater compassion for yourself and others. Taught by Ethan.
3. Mantra for Healing: Wednesdays beginning January 25th. Join this class to learn & practice a mantra calling in physical, emotional & spiritual healing, whichever is needed most. Taught by Ethan.
4. Mantra Medley: Thursdays beginning January 26th. Thursday evenings will focus on bringing you a carefully chosen combo of mantras to elevate your experience for that particular week! Taught by Gregory.
5. Mantra for Abundance: Sundays beginning January 29th. Come join us to conclude the weekend with a chant to bring forth the riches of abundance in your life in any area that is needed most! Taught by Suzanne.
No prior experience with Mantra Chanting needed. Your experienced teachers will guide your through the class and all chants will be provided prior to or following the class! If you are not able to join us live, a recording will be sent to you after class.
Classes are virtual via Zoom and all links will be sent 1-hour prior to the class. All classes are by donation of $10,$15 or $20 dollars.
IN-HOUSE / LIVE CLASSES
Meditation For Beginners, In-person
Tuesdays: 6:00 – 6:45 pm
Thursdays: 7:00 – 7:45 pm
This class is a beginning meditation class that will be taught to the level of students who are present. Actual meditation length will vary depending on the class, but generally, the sitting is done in 5-minute increments. Mondays taught by Kevin Brown, Tuesdays taught by Suzanne Hill, Thursdays taught by Steve Brady. $25
Gentle Hypnosis & Sound Healing, In-Person.
Wednesdays: 7:00 – 8:15 pm
Saturdays: 5:00-6:15pm (Check Schedule)
In this class you will be led into a deeper state of awareness and relaxation with gentle Hypnosis. This supports your mind reaching into a state of observance, which allows you to relax into a lying down meditation while you listen to the Gong and Singing Bowls. Wednesdays 7-8:15pm and Saturdays 5-6:15pm (Check Schedule). Taught by Suzanne Hill. $45
In-House Mantra Chanting & Meditation
Wednesdays: 5:00 – 5:45 pm
Fridays: 4:00 – 4:45 pm
In this class, you will chant with a master chanter. The Tibetan chants used are easy to learn and put you into a meditative state. Taught by Ethan Scibelli, this is an immersive experience. $25