Reiki is a powerful form of energy healing. It cleanses and balances your chakras and meridians (energy pathways), which clears your mind as well as your body.
What Is Reiki?
Reiki is a form of energy healing that originated in Japan. The word Reiki comes from the Japanese words “rei,” which means universal, and “ki,” which means energy, as in the body’s vital energy. So put together, reiki is used to describe the type of healing where the practitioner channels energy into your system to fill out any areas of depletion, cleanses out any negativities and balances your energy centers (chakras).
The healing art of Reiki was first developed in 1922 by a Buddhist monk, Mikao Usui; and was handed down through his disciples and has been continued through today.
Reiki is different from other healings in that the practitioner does not physically touch, yet the energy transmission is palpable and healing. The benefits of Reiki can include improved sleep, anxiety and stress reduction, and pain relief.
David Hemenway became a Reiki master in 1993 and an acupuncturist in 2000. David has studied Indo-Tibetan energy medicine extensively, from which Reiki originated.
In some forms of Reiki, the practitioner will actually put their hands on your body. When David does a Reiki treatment, he does not actually put his hands on your body. His hands will be 1-2 feet or more above your body. Depending on your sensitivity to the client, you may or may not feel the Reiki energy being transmitted to you during treatment.
Energy healing treatments are equally effective in-person and virtually! The nature of energy is to transcend boundaries, and our practitioners welcome distance sessions.
What happens during a Reiki Session?
You will lie down on a comfortable massage table during your session, fully clothed. Our practitioner, David, will first speak with you about any particular physical, emotional or spiritual issues you are struggling with and would like to experience healing.
As you relax, David will transmit energy to where healing is needed most for your specific concerns. During the treatment, you may feel a surge of energy, a feeling of physical/emotional release, or simply more relaxed and sleepy.
Price of Individual Treatments:
- $250/90-minute treatment – In-Person or Distance
- $175/60-minute treatment – In-Person or Distance
- $100/30-minute treatment – In-Person Only
Price of Group Reiki Treatments: In-House Class
- $40/45-minute treatment
Guidelines Post Reiki Treatment:
- David will fill a glass of water and keep it beside you as he works on you. Post-treatment, you will be asked to drink the water that is charged with Reiki energy.
- Try to take it easy and relax after a Reiki treatment. It is best if you avoid alcohol for the remainder of the day.
- After you leave your appointment, we recommend drinking extra water or other nourishing fluids. The healing continues for a period of time, so we encourage following your intuition on how to metabolize the energy you receive, such as extra rest, contemplative writing, etc.